
Thankfully a friend emailed me and I received it at 11:07 am and flipped the TV on to see the remaining part of the church news conference. Our new Prophet Thomas S Monson has chosen Henry B Eyring to be his 1st Counselor and Diedre Uchedorf (sp?) as 2nd counselor. As the news conference went on and the press asked them questions I couldn't but help smile a tender smile with a warm feeling in my breast. This is the new leadership of the Lord's true church here on the earth and I know that they are called of God. Never doubting the Lord's efficiency or
protective arm over his church and children I am grateful for the Life of Gordon B Hinckley and the wonderful memories I will have of him as the prophet. Including sitting 1 row away from him on a stand in my stake - just he and I and I didn't want to bother him so I didn't go up and shake his hand. I will now live with that decision and have a sad remorse. However, President Monson spoke at my Grandfather's funeral having worked with him as Bishop's in the same stake. He is a wonderful man and the church will continue to florish and blossom if we as Saints will continue to follow our prophet's counsel and the counsel of the prophets before him.
No comments:
Post a Comment