



We are celebrating Father's Day today since we were on the road yesterday. So here is my tribute to the two wonderful Dad's in my life - my dad and my hubby.
My dad's been gone 10 yrs now- wow, doesn't seem that long I can still remember vividly that Thanksgiving morning when Reba called to tell me. Anyway, I was thinking this morning about good memories I have of him. He was stern and strict but I loved him and knew he loved me. His favorite says? "Terry's Rouse!" (german for get moving) and "Press on" his way of saying he loved you. The two memories I want to share here are my Senior Prom and our trip to California when I was 16. California? yes my hair hates humidity - quiet. We met dad's boss, learned more about him that he'd never told us, visited my mom's place of growing up and it was a good vacation with my Dad, Mom, Reba and me - just us. Senior Prom? Lol notice the black sheep in the red on the front row? I don't think my sisters will ever forgive me for my dad letting me wear that dress AND he was there too! He and my mom took me to my Senior prom, danced the traditional dance with my father - the comment "relax, on your toes and hold on!" I won't forget - he loved to dance and it was so fun to dance with him. He even took mom out on the dance floor in a dark corner and tried to dance the "new stuff" - I didn't find out about that till later. Love you dad - my little family really misses you.
Well, my hubby is a great dad. He helps me so much with the kids that I truely don't know what I'd do if I had to do it alone - I don't ever want to find out either! He gets up in the middle of the night with them, he is more the family doctor (Ha- the kids question when I give them medicne =P), we are partners in discipline so I don't know that our kids could say who is meaner =D. He supports the kids in ALL their endeavors, school plays, sports, fieldtrips, scouts, you name it. We love you Deano - hope you can get some rest and enjoy your day.
No comments:
Post a Comment