Bassology

2008/06/29

Marriage and Family Relations Class


Any of you attend this class at church? Dean and I used to for about 3 yrs (only because I didn't want to go to Gospel Doctrine - too hot, too many bodies). Well, now teaching this class is MY calling, along with the other Bishopric wives. My lesson today was on Strengthening Marriage through Faith and Prayer.

I really liked their definition of faith: Faith is the assurance of things hoped for. I also just wanted to share one or two of the quotes from the lesson: The Lord will give relief with divine power when you seek deliverance in humility and faith in Jesus Christ.... No one can help you without faith and effort on your part. Your personal growth requires that. Don't look for a life virtually free from discomfort, pain, pressure, challenge, or grief, for those are the tools a loving Father uses to stimulate our personal growth and understanding.

Believe that your faith has EVERYTHING to do with your romance, because it does.

No comments: