
I think I addressed this last week but the problem is still there and its eating at me. Really drives me nuts. I know, I know, you can't please everybody at all times and not everyone is going to like you - BUT if they did like you at first why did it change or were they just faking? I really, really wonder at times. And if they were faking - why? what's the point? Humiliation? I don't get it.
A year ago someone judged me unfairly; they simply did not agree with my way of doing things. Okay so since when is it a prerequisite that friends always have to agree or do things the same? It's not. However, this person went so far as to not just get up in my face about it, but to tell mutual friends that I was untrustworthy, not a good friend, yada yada. Well, they had been friends longer with him and you get the idea. This person has since been found to be slighty psychotic and obsessed - hence the anger towards me but I still don't consider it an excuse. Now, a year later, I'm faced with this again, from a different person. Why can't people see that people need different things from different people? If I get coddled from this friend, I don't need the other one to do that - I need them to be reasonable or funny or whatever the case may be. People are in our lives for reasons that we don't always know but I can guarantee that none of us are in each other's lives for the same reason. I hate being judged unfairly, I hate people thinking that I could or would hurt someone deliberately - if they knew me at all, they would know thats not me. Vengeful yes, I will admit to that, but not to someone who has done nothing to me - not to someone I love and protect.
It's sad to lose supposed friends because they can't or don't want to see what's in front of them. Heartbreaking to know that someone thinks your capable of lying, and mean, horrible things - when you've never even done anything but try to get to know them. Strengthening - I hope- to find the courage to cut them loose, let them go and pray that the mutual friend will come to understand and know that it really has nothing to do with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment