
So I really did want to post on my mom's birthday on March 1st but lately I can't think of anything to blog about. >.< My world has been so caught up in a couple of others and than figuring out that the all natural pills I was taking to help curb my hunger were actually detoxing me and taking my depression meds outta my body - >.< - erm yeah, its been interesting. I think I'm mainly wanting to post cuz a stinker pot buddy of mine sent me a really graphic vid of decaptiation. All I can say is EWW and WHY would people post something like that? Oh this world is getting disgusting. So I'm hoping to get my mind on other things - wish me luck.
I have a couple of friends that are having "friendship" angsts, as in not really understanding a couple of their friends or the relationship, so I guess I'll post about that. I am self declared the worlds worst friend. I'm always curious and want to know everything, I listen and give advice, but in my eyes, I'm not there for my friends when they really need me.(see previous posts for examples) I also think I am "too much" of a friend and tend to grate on people so I like to give them "breaks" from me - this confuses some people. One of my newest friends said the other day, "you don't give yourself enough credit". BINGO! and I never have - thus my adventure into learning to love myself - will I EVER give myself enough credit? Does anyone? We could soooooooo go into a big thing about that but that's not the topic here =]. HOW are we friends? WHEN are we friends? and WHY does it change?
I've never really understood the whole thing of "becoming friends". There are people I meet that I suddenly just "click" with if you will. Neither one of us has to work at it or purposefully say- I want to be THEIR friend -it just happens. I notice that with those friends, they are the ones that STAY or come back. They are friends that you can go forever not talking to and than one day catch up and feel like you've never not talked. I'm fortunate to have a few of those in my life. I'm gonna mainly just do some really good friend quotes that I've found and if your having relationship difficulties maybe you can ponder on them and figure out what's up for yourself.
"People change, whether deliberate or chemically induced. Just because you change doesn't mean I don't like you."
"True friendship isn't being inseperable; its being seperated and nothing changes."
"A friend is one who knows, and loves us anyway."
Sometimes people change without rhyme or reason or explaination. I think a true friend needs to understand that and patiently wait. If things change drastically, it might not be so easy to wait and friendship - bound or not - may leave us. It is at these times where we face the questions - did I do something? did I miss something? Unfortunately what we have to realize is that it takes TWO to be friends, both working from both sides. We needn't blame ourselves for someone else's actions, mistakes, or problems - but be there to share them with them when they are ready to acknowledge them and move forward. Just make sure you don't stand on the track too long that a friend while leaving, runs you down along the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment