A resolution simply just means I resolve myself to do something right? Psh, I do that all that time, I resolve to get something accomplished everyday, some days I win, other days I don't. I'm also going to stick to the policy of one day at a time; therefore, resolving myself to do anything for any amount of time longer than that period is not in my vocabulary.
The week is finally over and the new one beginning - thank goodness. End of term for school (stress), returned mail at the office (stress), having a sinus infection with bronchitis (stress)....sigh. I resolve myself to return to my president of the mean mother club status each new term as I oversee my son's report cards of the previous term. If I had brought home their grades I would not be alive to write this...*sigh. Anthony will graduate next year and I still have yet to figure out how to impress the importance of school and grades in his head. Each term they promise to do better and for half a term they do..than something slips or idk honesty, but they digress and never make it to climb back up. We are a household that does not even do allowance; therefore, monetary rewards for grades is not a possibility. I did not receive money for grades growing up either, but I also had the fear of my parents if I brought even a B- home. I do not want my kids to have that "fear" of me, but I would like a little respect for themselves if not me when it comes to their grades. At work we have installed a new financial system for the Hospital/Clinic and Professional sides, to replace the two systems that they used seperately. I am still receiving returned mail on the old systems that I have to work; yet I have new workqueues in the new system as well. To replace my two monthly reports of bad addresses, I now have a daily workqueue. Welllllllllllll, my reports total are about maybe 700 accts total for the MONTH....my WQ hit 1400 something FRIDAY...ugh. Oh sorry, Happy Happy Joy Joy - "are they gone yet? are they gone yet? oh good I stop smiling. Man, are my cheeks sore!" (Barbie from ToyStory 2 for those of you who are not so Disney Fanatical). If the Bad Address WQ were all I had to work, I would not be stressed, but than I have the Hospital Lien WQ to which I share with a co-worker and yeah, it busted out at 900+ Friday. 0_0 Really?!?!? Come- on! I sent my boss an email on Friday, (that's my version of a sick call - a sick email) and told him about how my sinus infection was now a sinus migraine, sorry about my WQ lists but I was taking a sick day. I could go on and on and on about the added Osteo-arthritis that the weather has kicked into overdrive, the wheezing lungs from the smog, but......I won't - aren't you happy? :D
Yesterday was lazy and icky being sick but it ended I suppose on a positive note. My online friend that I hadn't talked to since early December...we kind of chatted. Didn't last long, but atleast it was positive. I realize the same as I did earlier last year, I'm the one with the hang up's and he's totally oblivious for which I am grateful. I just need to learn to forgive myself and let go easier. Not letting go of people, of my mistakes - I think it'll take long past the grave for me to be able to do that...just saying. One of my girlfriends that has come back into my life brought over the yummiest treat for us the other night - she knew I was stressed. Ginger cookies with pumpkin ice cream filling with a drizzle of caramel - mmmmmmmm, they were scrumptious. My girlfried across the street surprised me yesterday with a book that I couldn't find at the library, from the set she'd gotten me addicted to. Lol, the stinker went to the used book store to find it for me! I love these ladies.
It is coming to close on Sunday now, I stayed home from church to relax- see if I can get feeling any better before I have to be in SL all day Tuesday while the kids are off. I read the book Pat brought me over, I am half way through it- wahoo! >] I caught up on Becky's blog (sorry Beck- I just have a hard time calling you Rebecca) and than her daughter Shannyn's. These women make me laugh. It was so fun to read their blogs and since Beck can read this and Shannyn can't, I will say that Shannyn reminds me of a mix of Beck and Debbie from HS. No wonder I love her! :)
1 comment:
How about Becca or even Beek (what my brothers call me)? ANYTHING but Becky, please. So glad the treats cheered you up a bit and that you have such a thoughtful friend to find you that book. Keep your chin up!
Post a Comment