Bassology

2011/01/04

Recaptures for 2011


Instead of making resolutions that I know I'll break, I've decided to revert - sorta. I've decided that it would be nice to see if I still enjoy some of the things I used to .... like cooking/baking. When Olivia was born I was a Food Network WORM...seriously, when she was two she could name you all the chef's on the televison (Emeril, Rachel, Tyler..). Back than I sold Pampered Chef and was constantly looking for cooking tips to share, a bit of food knowledge to throw out, and any presentation idea's I could. However, I started Pampered Chef because I wanted the cookware and stoneware! My business lasted about 4 1/2 yrs and than I started my mental/hormonal mess. It's nice to start thinking about cooking and the thought of EXPERIMENTING! ha ha.

If you noticed, I have tabs now at the top of my blog. (Yay Em for teaching me how!) There will soon be one up that is "Grisseh's Goodies". Recipes from me! The recipes of the stuff that worked and actually tasted good! ha ha ha. I have a friend that is one of the main chef's in a Harmon's Deli. He keeps bringing cheese balls and I keep devouring them. >.> So, now I'm excited to start making cheese balls! He told the main ingredients - and than I'm off!!! Any volunteer food tasters out there? :D

One of the other things that has gotten me back into the cooking/baking bug is the book series I'm reading. The author is Diane Mott Davidson. They are a very fun read, they are whodunit's discovered by a caterer! Yes, she even INCLUDES the recipes in each book! How fun is that?!?! I haven't tried any yet but some sound really, really yummy and I'm very tempted. However, she uses a lot of unsalted butter, which I use non of, so I guess that would have to be first on my grocery list.

If I'm going to do own goody recipe's, I'm gonna have to start naming them. Ugh. So, the taste test volunteers also get to volunteer for name submissions :D. The first winner doesn't even know she submitted - lol. My niece Heather has been asking me for my pie recipe for heavens, maybe 5 yrs? It was something I threw together and hoped it was edible and good for Thanksgiving. Well, according to one brother's children it was the RAGE and a must have recipe. I finally wrote it down for Heather, I hope I write it down the same here on the blog - baha ha - that would be so like me >P. (Yes, I'm a dash of this, throw that in cook.) I digress....the recipe name is: "Auntie's Famous Peanut Butter Pie". Enjoy! Paix.

No comments: