One of my girlfriends is doing her 30 days about her on her blog which I think is pretty cool. You have way more space to actually define or describe what you mean and you don't always have to have a picture. However, she is going backwards to my forwards >] and today was about Pet Peeves. Number 5 on her pet peeves list is emotional phishing, like with facebook, etc. So I looked up the definition.... I'm still not positive as to what she meant but I'll give it go. Phishing is a new slang word used for those that attempting identity theft via email, internet...get the idea? They make it look real so that you will spend your hard earned cash or give them information that will allow them to steal not just your cash but pretty much ruin your life. How this relates to facebook? Hmm...the only thing I can think of is that fb is a social website; therefore, I see people all the time trying to sound like someone they are not. Some people also use fb to air all their dirty laundry for the world to smell and see...ewwwwwww...perhaps this is her phishing emotionally.
I prefer to emotionally air my dirty laundry this year on here - lol. I am trying very hard to put positive things on my facebook. Some may take a factual comment made there as negative, yet I cannot control that. Who annoys me? What did YOU do you may ask? You personally? Nothing. The person that currently is annoying me does not have access to my blog and therefore does not know this, nor do I assume that they care - which is partially why they annoy me. Got it? Yeah, sure. In this case I am talking about people who criticize others for thing they do themselves. A very good friend of mine used to get so upset when I'd mention things another friend was saying, or the way they were acting towards me. Almost a year later, the situation is now between the first friend and I (I don't speak to the later anymore), and the behaviour is almost identicial to the previous friend they griped about and wanted to beat up. *sigh...whatever. I believe I am more frustrated with myself than I am this other person. I don't understand why I allow people to touch me (emotionally or spiritually) over and over again, just to be given the chance to step away from me or on me later. Why? Because I think I hope each time that one of these times I myself will wake up and not let it bother me so much. That I will understand and not be so possessive but be more willing to let people wander and just be content to hang out with myself. 0.o Erm...sure, sounds like a great goal =P.
1 comment:
Emotional phishing is being a drama queen in order to get attention. For example, someone will post a status that is meant to elicit supportive replies. That's fine, but some people do it ad nauseum, which gets old pretty fast. Hence, the pet peeve. :)
Post a Comment