Bassology

2012/07/29

I keep forgetting....dur

The past few days have been busy, busy, BUSY!  So I haven't taken time to write but I HAVE been THANKFUL! :]  

James arranged a family reunion at Boondocks for the siblings, their kids and their kids.  With meals and arcade and passes we spent probably about $150 dollars.  But you know what?  It was fun and it was worth it!  I grew up not getting to know my cousins due to a family feud from before I was born.  Therefore I got to know the cousins we would visit and since we always lived in the boonie's that wasn't very often.  I think I know my Uncle Doug's kids best; however, that is my point!  My oldest brother is NINETEEN (19) years older than me and his oldest daughter only FIVE (5) years younger than me!  Some of my kids cousins you would think are the younger ones running around; however, they are really the PARENTS.  I want my kids to know their cousins no matter the age differences.  Those onery children in my house that didn't want to go; came away tired but HAPPY.  Family - as annoying as they are - are a GREAT blessing. :]

Thursday - Wesley and Emily went to be induced and have their little boy; Grant Lyman Adams III. 
Poor Emily was in labor all day and unbeknownst to all, little Grant had been stuck in the birth canal for a week!  Emily couldn't push him out either :[.... they tried suctioning and that didn't even work.  They finally did a C-section and at 11:08 pm Grant was born.  Mom and baby are healthy and doing well.  Babies are ALWAYS a blessing. :]

Friday - a FULL day at Boondocks starting at 11 am and we return home to a message that Dean's niece (also pregnant) had her baby!  This was unexpected.  Mandy was swollen and her blood pressure too high; so when she went in for her appointment the doctor admitted her and started her.  Paisley was born at 5 lb 1 oz but able to breath on her own!  Mandy started hemmorraging but thankfully they did a D&C and she is fine and ready to go home.  Major miracles and blessings that day.

Saturday presented itself with pain LOL since Friday was WAY too long of a day!  However, bills got paid, shopping got done and the major blessing was having A/C in the CAR AND in the HOUSE!  Thank you - thank you - I do NOT do heat well.

Today was a good day.  Weird dreams but realizing that my brain is trying to sort things out.  We went to David and Linda's and had a very enjoyable afternoon and evening.  I actually PUT ON a swimsuit - yeah not in 12 yrs thanks you - wore it IN the POOL withOUT a shirt over it 0.0 and grabbed a noodle and floated around.  Olivia and I had a great time laughing and joking at the 3 ft side while David, Dean, Linda, and Anthony all joked around in the 8 ft.  The only thing that would have made it better was if Ben had been in the pool with us. We are still working on that. :(   A nice 15 min in the hot tub to help my woes from Friday =] and than back to the A/C'd house for David's secret recipe burgers, some homemade tomato's, Diet Coke and cheesecake.  Full tummies sat around and watched Mamma Mia - cringed at Pierce Brosnan's singing (but applauded his bravery at trying in front of the WORLD) - and giggled when Ben said the songs were stuck in his head and he began singing them. (he he)  Proud momma moment when on the way home some comment reminded me of a Veggie Tale song and not only did my boys KNOW what song but they SANG it to me - with all the words! Woot!  Good friends and good family memories are a blessing.

Paix

No comments: