Bassology

2008/03/16

Surprising

Isn't it interesting how little "unthinkable to others" things help boost our self worth and help us to forget our troubles? We've all seen the email or head the story on the email about how a kid stopping to help pick up someone's books and carry them home, saved a person's life.
Not that my life needed saving :) but my medicine definately was not working. When a knock came at the door at dinnertime and a little voice asked for Sis Zenger. When I showed up, one of my previous scouts stood at the door trying to hold back tears - he'd locked himself out of his house. As we went back and left a note for his mom on the door and he is now upstairs playing happily with my children, I felt grateful. Grateful that he would come to me when he was in trouble and seek my help and shelter. That seems kind of silly, but it is one of those things that just hits you every now and than - wow. I assume because I try to be the best I can be (somedays thats pushing it -lol) and you never know how others see you. You never know the impression, the feeling or the affection sometimes, that touches their lives. I was only his scout leader for 3 months, he is inactive - just got baptised actually - and he feels comfortable enough to come to me. That makes me smile, makes me feel good, and maybe puts me up a notch (towards myself) for this day. As I remind my kids, you never know who is watching, so be on your best behavior - it's worth it. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very true, thanks for sharing.