Bassology

2008/04/06

General Conference

Yesterday was the Solemn Assembly where we sustained(declared our support & faith in) our new Prophet Thomas S Monson, his counselors in the first presidency and the quorum of the twelve apostles. We have prepared ourselves for 2 days of guidance, wisdom, and reminders from these brethern and other appointed speakers who will address us. It has been a wonderful conference so far, filled with many things of which I need to improve and know will help me if I but listen and obey. Ah the last word, Obey - it is so simple - why is it so hard?

I have made many wonderful Christian friends who are feeling lost, confused, and have questions. I do not have all the answers but I know who does. So I try to gentley persuade them to do what I've been taught; read their scripture and say their prayers. The two things that I need to work on - maybe the spirit is trying to tell me how to help myself while helping them. Duh. =) I have adopted many of these new friends into my heart and add them to my prayers daily for I know of some of the struggles that they face day to day. In a world so full of sin and hatred and fast moving clocks - how my spirit cries some days to have the physical strength and time to endure what my heart and spirit yearn for- a day of prayer and conversation with my Father in Heaven. For I know that he loves me and my friends, we are cherished in his sight and my poor little soul desires to "cast my burdens upon the Lord" and feel of his peace and quiet calm.

The last session is about to start and I look forward to hearing what the apostles and Prophet have to say. The items I am reaffirmed that I need to change and work on. I know I will never achieve perfection but I can atleast give it "my best and let the Lord do the rest".

No comments: