My World.....it's not perfect but it's blesssed.
Bassology
2008/07/04
Happy 4th of July
Happy Birthday America! What a beautiful holiday and wonderful celebration each year. I too am one that gets chocked up at hearing the National Anthem played, at seeing young or older scouts honoring and respecting the flag in complete uniform, seeing ANY of our brave, wonderful soldiers whether in fatigues or dress uniform, and of course, those that serve us everday of the year - the police, and firemen/women.
It is difficult to describe my feelings at this time of year, I guess they are the same as Christmas. I am very proud to be an American, proud of my ancestory, my heritage, my father's service in the military for 25 yrs, friends and nephews who currently serve and leave their families without a dad, mom, brother, sister - so that my family can be safe and not have to think about all the wonderful FREEDOMS we have and enjoy each day. I guess that's the other part I am so THANKFUL and filled with gratitude for the suffering, the sacrifice, and prosperity we have been given in this, the United States of America. I know that we take things way too much for granted and this holiday is such a grand time to remember, and be grateful and be proud of what we stand for, for what our flag stands for, and for the joys and freedoms we have upon this the American continent.
Thank you founding Fathers and thank you Heavenly Father for the guidance and inspiration of leading them to this promised land.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment