
I don't want this to come out morbid but I do need to say the reason I'm writing this.
Just spent an hour talking to a friend who tried to kill herself last night. I knew she was depressed but was fighting it and was actually getting really down myself by talking to her and trying to help her. However, I'm grateful that I was here tonight and able to talk to her and hopefully help her to see what she is doing and how it affects others not just herself - especially her 15 yr old son.
You always wonder why you go through the experiences and trials that you do and than the Lord puts you in the path of a friend who needs just that help and you realize why you've become friends and the Lord assisted you in finding each other. There are no accidents, there is no fate - just a loving Heavenly Father who knows all of us better than we do ourselves. He knows who we are, what we can become and we just need to allow him access to our lives so that he can assist and help. For that is all he truely wants and what we all so desperately need.
As I told her that I wanted to put here: We ARE all gifts of a loving Heavenly Father . What a blessing we each are and can be to each other and ourselves if we simply allow the Savior to assist us.
No comments:
Post a Comment