Bassology

2010/12/03

Preparing for being busy busy

I find myself trying to do a little Christmas craft therapy, along with my usual Christmas baking therapy that my holiday is incomplete without. Problem? Well, my kids want to join me - that is NOT a problem =] but they don't want to do the crafts I do so my pocketbook thinks this is a problem...*sigh. Why do all the good things have to have that tweak of regret when they really shouldn't? Seriously, I've been waiting for my kids to be old enough to do the crafts on their own and enjoy them as much as I do for like ....forever! I know, I need to not look at it that way (I just feel bad at the balance in the checkbook) - thankfully whilst in the midst of crafting, I simply enjoy myself and the time with my kids who are discovering the world of creativity. =]

As I have previously mentioned, this is my favorite season of the year. Christmas music - depending on the group and singer I'll grant you - brings peace, wonderful memories, and joy to my crazed life. Add this to the beautiful decorations, the feeling of giving and seeing someone truely enjoy it, the spirit of love that seems to permiate a tinge bit more in my home, and the christmas lights on the homes that turn a dreary, early winters night into bright beautiful color. There are times I admit, it is alot easier to see the beauty around you when it is so prevelant. On an anal note, if it has just snowed and the world is blanketed in beautiful, non-yellow, non-black snow - DO NOT step ON MY SNOW! Yes, lol, I admit, this is one of the weird things we all have and most don't know about. Used to make me so grumpy when the kids up the street would come to play and cut right through the yard >.<. Yes, my sidewalks are shoveled - there are those times you picture in your mind of the perfect setting or evening? One of mine has always been: either raining or gentle snow covering the ground, a fireplace, a comfy couch, afghan, and a good book or music playing while watching the weather. Yes, I am a romantic; however, it's a memory for me of peace and oneness with the world around you....doesn't everyone wish for that sometime?

I often feel that I offend people by how much I love Christmas or the Lord. However, one past friend said to me....It's just who you are and I love you so I deal with it. For those that do so...thank you. Past and present, here and there I forget but than am reeled back with the knowledge that it is part of what has shaped who I am and is an integral part of me. Therefore, my info on facebook...."I am me....love me or leave me". I am a firm believer that if you love a person, you love ALL of them- faults, differences and all.

For all my love of all things "holiday" lol, I hate when I am so rushed that I can't enjoy it and fully feel the holiday. Some may argue with me, welcome to growing up - things go faster, life gets fuller and harder. You know what, I say Nay. Granted there are times in life when you have no control over how busy you are and I can never seem to get EVERYTHING that I want to get done accomplished...BUT...I have also noticed that we always make time for what we WANT. Are we wanting to sit on the couch? spend time with our kids? spend time with friends? play are video games? Yes, I also know all too well that we all need something that helps us have a bit of "coming down" time and I'm not saying that any of things are bad...maybe just reminding myself that down time in excess never becomes anything more than that and the time keeps ticking off whether I wish it would stop or not.

No comments: