The week before Christmas has become more and more hectic with each passing year. Drives me insane since that is the time I like to finalize ....EVERYTHING...gifts, goodies, idea's..you get the idea. However, it seems that the school system has decided that they too MUST finalize before the break >/. Two concerts (one a freakin' 3 hrs long 0_0), dates, basketball games, work and yeah - I decided on Christmas Eve that I was just ...done. I had no energy left to try to accomplish the items on MY list and my nerves were on dangerous edge - not willing to come down.
We drove to Bountiful Christmas Eve morning and had brunch with my siblings. It's always nice to get together but sorry, I still feel like I don't fit in. James, as always, asked his "deep" questions that he wanted everyone to answer. This time it was "What do you think you were fore-0rdained for" and "What in 2011 can you do different for your family?". I was grumpy, I was tired, and all my brain could come up with was..."I have NO idea". Therefore, I passed. I didn't say and that might have made one or two siblings unhappy with me but it's a free country right? Why DO I have to answer those questions if I don't want to and can't think of anything? I know, I'm worrying about something silly and it's past and I would be told to just let it go - ok, it's gone. =] On the way home, we stopped to get a dragon heat lamp and some other goodies to go with the fact that I wasn't cooking my normal full Christmas Eve dinner. As we pulled up in the drive-way, my brother-in-law and his family pulled in behind us. We slapped the turkey in the oven, got the munchies out and went downstairs to watch "Despicable Me". ha ha ha ha "butt" ha ha ha ha...Light Bulb....No. Does that tell you I LOVED IT?!?! I actually saw it - that was the other thing that week - with my sisters on Wednesday afternoon. Dean wanted to see it and my inlaws hadn't so we rented it. All of us loved it - great movie. - side note: I kept seeing little "cameo's" of other movies, like Monsters, Inc, Nightmare Before Christmas, etc. Take another watch and see if you don't see them.-
The inlaws went home and we opened one Christmas present each - Anthony opened his "Womp'em " gloves, Ben opened his new micro foam pillow, Olivia opened her Snuggy, Dean opened a family gift from Boo - a cute new ornament from NY, and I opened a beautiful inspirational calendar from Reba. We read the Christmas story from Luke and all went to bed. We received a call around 10 pm from my sister. She and her family were spending Christmas at home this year instead of at their cabin, but, her hubby had forgotten his phone so they traveled up to the cabin to retrieve it and just check on things. They got stuck in a snowdrift. The plow dude in his cat pulled them out and proceeded to pull them into a LARGER snowdrift. Needless to say, they were stuck at the cabin overnight. Dean and Anthony went to their rescue at 8:30 Christmas morning. Ben and I got up around 11:30 am - ahhh and Olivia wandered around, watched tv and just stared at the presents under the tree until Dean and Anthony returned. My one disappointment was that the new "Fire Drums" Hoodie for Anthony was an exact fit - ugh - hoodies are supposed to be baggy. So, sending that one back this week and hoping that before his birthday in August they get more in to ship him a new one. bah
We all just kind of did nothing the rest of Christmas day, it was wonderful. Leftover turkey, rolls, candy, etc was all out to munch on throughout the day and watched "The Last Airbender". Okay, that movie gets 10 thumbs DOWN - I don't recommend it at all, it was hard to keep my Ang fans in the room to even finish the movie. On a good note, we finished the night watching "Cake Wars"- 3 episodes in a row! We have decided who we want to win and it continues tonight (Monday) - go Megan!
This week should be much better. I've already finished reading a book "When Christmas Comes", a very easy read slight romance. It was nice. I have the Hunger Games and one other upstairs to read, plus 2 caterer ones from my Pat. I have Mon-Wed off, go into SL to work on Thurs and than have Fri off - lol WEIRD - but that's okay! Time off is awesome. =] Anthony has a full week of "hang outs" which he is excited for, Shannyn is here video gaming today, not sure who is coming on Wed (don't know her), and hopefully Arianna for movie marathons at the end of the week. =] This is what I prefer, no single girlfriend to cause drama but lots of cute friends that are girls and just like to have fun with him. =] YAY.
No comments:
Post a Comment