Bassology

2011/02/14

Valentines Day

I was a little leary this year about Valentines Day...I suppose that happens when you aren't so sure of what's going on. No, there is no earth quake shaky trouble here just a little bit of wonder, someone needing some reminding, and unfortunately a fight. *sigh It's not normal for Dean and I to fight, I don't handle confrontation very well, especially if it's about me. Don't get me wrong, I'm as stubborn and bull headed as the rest of the Terry's and I will fight you tooth and nail on any subject but myself and how I feel. It's too personal, it's too scary, and most of the time I wrongly feel that if I have to say something - than after I've said it I don't want it - cuz I had to say it. Does that make sense? Yes, I know my husband and certain friends aren't mind readers; however, living with someone for 20 yrs should give you just a little bit of insight right? Yeah well, insight doesn't come if one isn't paying attention. Sufficient to say, Valentines Day was very nice. I received my dozen long stem roses and Mrs Cavanaugh's mindy mints =] those are my staples. I told my husband long ago when he complained about doing the same thing every year and wasn't I tired of it? that NO, I'm a romantic at heart and if I don't get roses and chocolate on Valentines I will be very hurt. I get them every year :). We stayed in this year and rented movies. One called "Just Wright" with Queen Latiffa was actually pretty good. It wasn't spectacular but it was just a nice feel good movie. We'll have to watch "Knight and Day" tomorrow as there is school and work in the morning. I got a Dean a new atomic clock to replace his that broke last year. It's nice to have a clock in the main room again. I also got him chocolate - Dark Chocolate which is his favorite....and....decided to let us try the new KY Yours and Mine. You know that commercial "I consider us very conservative....you're the man....and she's a screamer"? Well, I'll let you know once we play around with it just a little bit more ;).

I have been reading a book series by Diane Mott Davidson. Quoted as the master of the culinary whodunit and the Julia Child of mystery writers, it's been pretty fun. I believe there were 12 or so books in this series - the series has no name - but they are about a caterer in Aspen Meadow, CO who has a knack for ending up in the wrong place all the time. She gets remarried in the series and I love how the author describes their relationship. I think I read them more for the cooking and the relationship than I do the mystery but it's always fun to see if I'm right at the end. :) Last book I start tonight *sigh :(.

No comments: