Bassology

2013/01/19

Missionary Bear


When my niece Danyelle's hubby (than boyfriend) left on his mission to the Phillipines, her mom Susie made her a missionary bear to hug and hold while he was gone.  We were just at Deseret Book, saw their missionary bears and I have to admit - theirs are UGLY!  Sorry but they really ARE.  My sister makes the cutest and most realistic stuff ever.  She even made the cute little bear BELT for him.  Than found a camera case at Deseret Industries (WHOLE BEAR. clothing, bear, etc is from DI btw) so that he could have a little back pack!  Anthony had a mini Book of Mormon so we are going to include it for her after he has written his testimony in it. =]  How fun!

Olivia decided she is going to take her Build A Bear that Anthony gave her (his from Disneyland) and name him Anthony to sleep with while he is gone.  Not sure if DI makes clothes that small but we will look for her the next time we are there.  I bought a cute bear but don't think he needs clothes ;) okay, he has a scarf.

Susie even made a treat for Anthony's mission bear - or should I say Abby's mission bear.  The favorite animal is a Jelly Fish!  Susie makes hats in less than one night - I swear this multi-talented woman - so she made the bear a yellow jelly fish hat!  I will have to take a picture of the bear with it on when it is in Abby's arms. :)

No comments: