Bassology

2008/09/03

Get tired of the Question WHY? me too


Unfortunately, it seems to be ever present when diliberating over a problem and since life is full of problems, the question is always there. My why? Why do we allow other people's freedom of choice hurt us? Yeah, I already know the answer. It isn't our choice, its a consequence of theirs - everything you decide with your free will has a direct impact on someone or something, good or bad. So there is no truth to the statement, "I'm not hurting anyone", you just don't realize it.

The interesting thing about depression/anxiety is that there seems to be a bubble. Try as hard as possible to see outside that bubble and your effect on others, it isn't always possible. They hide it from you, thinking that it is doing you good. They don't want to add to your burden by showing you that they have one. I tried to explain the other day that by sharing their burdens, it makes mine light because I forget about me - which is unfortunately what depression is all about... me me me me me. Ugh, getting pretty sick of myself lately- lol.

I really believe that depression and stress are two different things. Stress adds to my ANXIETY disorder; however, if I don't have stress - I don't know what to do. So I need SOME, just not an overload. Back when my boys were little I went to a female health workshop and took a stress class. My anxiety wasn't NEAR what it is now- I think it compounded it though. We did a test to see how stressed you are and what stress level is unhealthy - can I laughingly tell you that my stress level was over 100 and you shouldn't have been over 70, I think. The teacher just looked at me and asked why I wasn't laying on the floor and how I was functioning. Didn't have an answer than, don't really have an answer now except......... I really love this chorus and I think it fits anyone that can still function through the stress of life. Incredible song... Stand, Rascal Flats......."When push comes to shove, you taste what your made of, you might bend til you break cuz its all you can take, on your knees you look up decide you've had enough, you get mad, you get strong, wipe your hands shake it off, than you STAND.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathee, I really respect and thank yo u for speaking about anxiety/depression. I believe it takes courage to do so, but it totally allows others to speak about theirs. Here's something I learned about stress. Sometimes when we don't know what to do, that is stressful. Very stressful! And can contribute to depression/anxiety. And I understand about having others talk about their problems to alleviate yours. :) It makes complete sense. Love you, Kathee. Thanks for the phone call yesterday and your advice. Love ya.