Bassology

2008/09/14

Still...

It's been an interesting couple of weeks and today is no exception. So, this is about as good as it gets =].

How Do I Forget?

Souls are linked forever,
though friends sometimes depart.
Yet all is not forgotten,
they've left footprints on my heart.

I still reach out in worry,
and wonder how they are.
Yet my words will never reach them,
the distance grows too far.

I remember times of laughter,
smiles, pain, and tears.
Happy memories and thoughts,
that we'd be friends for years.

Yet life goes on without them,
only in my thoughts do they remain.
For their footprints are now embedded,
on my soul they've left a stain.

Kzenger 9/14/08

2 comments:

Reba said...

I loved your poem Kathee... although Im sure you wish there wasnt a reason to write it. What happened? Tyler?

It's Not Perfect said...

Lol, you must be the sister that knows me the best =]. Yeah, I'm currently not hearing from Tyler but was also thinking that this could apply to many other lost friends through the years. Thanks for the comment.