It's been a very long, short week. Everyone in my house has a malady of some kind. I have Bronchitis/Pluresy again, Ben has strep again, Olivia has tonsilitis, and Anthony swallows a frog every morning and evening, and Dean is stressed over the top which is bringing his normal stress things around (we won't mention them so he doesn't get upset :] ). Sunday, the kids stayed home from church, Dean came home from meetings and ran Ben to Wee Care who ran the tests that said no strep, and than I went in time to teach Relief Society. Honestly? I've been teaching for awhile, just different classes but Relief Society is always scary to me. I think it's the fact that its filled with old ladies who know everything and might question or contradict what I'm saying. I doped myself up with 3 of my anxiety pills and went to teach. The lesson was on the Holy Ghost and I aimed it mainly at recognizing and understanding the Holy Ghost. Nobody asked a hard question, the sisters participated with some great comments and I am free for another month. *phew
Ben has missed school the entire week so far. He's stayed in bed pretty much the majority of the day each day which tells me that there is definately something wrong. Dean took him to our family physican today who thinks that he DOES have strep and put him on antibiotics - I hope he feels better in the morning...I shudder to think how much homework that kid is going to have >.<.
We have started watching the holiday shows on Hallmark. I love them - have most of them taped and am excited when they have new ones each year. As we were enjoying one of the new shows (Call me Mrs Miracle) I got a lovely kink in my back, under my right shoulder blade. I hate those, can't get them to go away without major acrobatics. Anyways, it started at about 9 and after 30 min and it still shooting me with sharp pains, I was getting worried. I went upstairs and used my inhaler, 10 min later I texted Dean and he said he was on his way home. Needless to say, after using my steriod inhaler, dowining ibu 800, and 2 Formula 303 (my natural muscle relaxant), Dean took me to the ER. I have to tell you, I hate Dr's, have ever since I was an infant (long story..ask later) so to me, going to the ER is embarrassing. I don't know why I feel that way but I do. Dean doesn't trust Davis Hospital (me niether) so he ran me up to the U of U. We got there about 10:25pm and left at 3am. Thankfully my pain had lessened considerably but they ran tests just to be sure, lol my insurance is gonna scream >]. End of year lets run as many tests as possible.... they x-rayed my lungs (no pnuemonia), they ran an EKG (no heartattack), and my vampire nurse pulled 7 vials of blood from me (no blood clots). Thankfully, all my results were good news and my sats (oxygen levels) were better so they prescribed me an antibiotic and steriod to clear out my lungs and sinuses. See? embarrassing, nothing wrong - yes, I can hear you, better safe than sorry. So, I am announcing to my overweight, always achey, dormant body that its time for it to wake up and shape up cuz the dr says it's fine! (sadly, it rarely listens to me =/) My friend from HS is lending me her hubby's South Beach Diet Cookbook to look through and hopefully be successful with. I went visiting teaching tonight, a mother and her adult daughter who is recently divorced (the daughter). She decided earlier this year to do the "boot camp" workout. She did it with her sister and now they continue on their own using their own equipment. She looks amazing! I seriously think she's dropped atleast 3 sizes. Now, to find my motivation - ugh.
Tomorrow I don't get my usual routine, its go into work day...drop off, pick up work, get trained on the two Epic modules that my team has learned without me, get my ID scanned for the bus, have lunch with the hubby (=] ) and than back to normal= carpool, errands, work...hate Thursdays. We've purchased Disney's A Christmas Carol and are anxiously awaiting to have all of us together to watch it - here's hoping that it's the highlight of my Thursday. Paix
No comments:
Post a Comment