It is the end of the long weekend. I feel I accomplished quite a bit this week: took full day training and passed, double carpool shift plus work, move niece in and fit her stuff into one location that we won't trip over (that in itself is HUGE for my house), cook Thanksgiving dinner, clean out about 1/3 of my clothes closet (DI piles already in vehicle), cook and enjoy UofU vs BYU game, and now it's almost 11pm and Sunday brings its own mix of things to accomplish. My body decided I wasn't nice and crashed early both Thursday and Friday nights....still not sure it thinks its over but oh well.
Johnny, Sarah, and Tristan joined us for Thanksgiving dinner, the watching of Ice Age 3, and a riotous game of Scattergories. Since Cherisa moved in the day before, we joyfully had her with us also. I had most of the dinner done, since my stuffing comes out of a box I always leave it for last, well this year it was forgotten - interestingly enough, not really missed.
I'm trying to stay on the positive side of things, I know I should be typing all about everything that I am thankful for this weekend. Unfortunately right at this moment I am not feeling very grateful, I'm actually feeling very peturbed and grumpy. I hate that. I know that I am blessed in so many ways, ways that most people don't notice and I'm sure in ways that I overlook also. I am very thankful for all my many blessings worldly as well as not.
Tomorrow it will have been 12 yrs since my father died....wow. I miss him. I had mentioned once going to the graveyard this weekend but alas, it was not remembered so I didn't repeat it.
No comments:
Post a Comment