Bassology

2010/11/01

Halloween Weekend

Reading blogs =], signed up for this year's Nanowrimo 2010, finished all my fb games, and now am just delaying going to bed. I'm not sure why, I'm tired enough.

Halloween this year was boring. Dean isn't really into Halloween so all of my decorations from years past have been scaled down and I've almost gotten to the point where I don't put them up. Anthony and his friend Dan put some up for me outside this year and they passed out the candy also. I sat on my computer and answered email - said hi to parents and kids I knew - yes, I can see them from the doorway at the table. (my house isn't that big after all) The candy has already killed me when I saw that I've already gained 2 lbs. >.< psh. I took my doctor's advice ;) ha ha ha, Dr Leavitt told me to scale down so I did - I bought the Pillsbury Ready to Make sugar cookies with the ghost and pumpkin middles - sugar cookies done. I made little pumpkins but bought the icing =] done. Had friends up to watch a movie on Friday night, it was a - SQUIRREL - good time, always is with them. (yep we watched UP, they hadn't seen it)

Even with the scaling back, I still crashed hard today. ugh. The University Hospital is changing it's systems to EPIC. For forever, we have had two billing systems - one for the hospital and one for the doctors. It's confused patients for long enough and with Allegra (hosp) needing to be updated and they don't support Allegra anymore, it's time to change. This change has been in the works for about 3 yrs now. I will miss IDX (dr) dearly but Allegra coulda left LONG AGO! Starting yesterday, Sun 31st, the soft go-live took effect at 10am. Dean, being one of the trainers and Epic Certified was at work at 10am and got off at 6:30pm. He works these crazy shifts for the next two weeks. However, starting tomorrow it begins at 6:30 AM and ends for him at 7PM. Not nice at all - that means up at 4:30am. >.< Anywho, after he left bright and early I debated with myself over dragging my sicky, non-moving body out of bed to get to church. I figured I could atleast drive the kids and have a friend bring them home - however, Anthony (bless his heart) didn't get his laundry done so no one went. They sat down stairs and were erm...somewhat quiet...watching a marathon of The Munsters while I tossed and turned, moaned and groaned. I think I just might actually have to go see Dr Baxter this week and get something for this sinus infection - it isn't going anywhere but further into my lungs. =[

I've watched this season of Dancing with the Stars, mainly because Jennifer Grey is on it. She is one of my favorite actresses and she still looks great! I watch it and the old dancer in me is critical of those with no "musicality" (as they call it) and than envious of those like Jennifer who are older than me and can still dance. =[ I'm trying to get back there, just hoping my hips and back will hold out so that I can actually do something to head in that direction. It's been fun to watch and is filling in the gap nicely of my shows that currently aren't on =]. Gah, after 1am, hopefully I've wound down enough that I can just coast off to dreamland. Paix

No comments: