
Isn't it nice to know, that where ere you go, you can just as soon be forgot? That no matter the toll or how high the pole, your just another soup in the pot. Put your hand in and give it a spin, doesn't matter cold or hot. When your hand comes out, no matter the spout, there's no hole to fill in your spot.
Yeah, ever have one of those days? My version of the poem, "No Indispensable Man" that my dad used to quote often. Of course, it is more eloquent but I don't have it memorized and felt mine also got the point across. =] There are times in your life that you WANT to be indispensable to SOMEONE atleast. Hopefully you've found that someone in your spouse, your parents, and your older children. There is no doubt that you would leave a hole in their lives if you were gone, one that no other could fill until you saw each other again in the eternities. That's the wonder and grace of the Plan of Salvation. That NEED we all have to be loved, cherished, and important to someone OTHER than ourselves. We may feel out of place in many different places in our lives but I really cling to the "maybe untrue" email that goes around.... (I don't know all of it) but something about: Someone out there loves you more than life itself, Someone out there thinks of you each night before they go to sleep, Someone out there would give their life for yours, Someone you don't even know cares about you, etc, etc. I can't remember it all but compared to being "dispensable" I'll take being "thought of" and "cared about" any day and hope for myself that it's not just a pretty saying - because I know for those I care about - it's definately true.
Give someone you love a HUG, they deserve it.
No comments:
Post a Comment