Bassology

2008/10/07

I must be in a mood.....


cuz I haven't written this many poems since I was in HS! However, some are to be used in my book so maybe that's the reason.

YOU

My thoughts are in a jumble,
trying to explain
A relationship of emotions,
smiles, laughter and pain.

I've known age doesn't matter,
friends are every shape and size.
It's the understanding and aceptance
that makes the friend a prize.

When hardships and life assail us,
we know where a hand can be found.
To help us back to our feet again,
not a word, not even a sound.

Days do lapse and hours tick by
as space and time prevail.
Yet I know my friend's on the other end,
we're tied with a bond that won't fail.

It could be days, it could be weeks
before we speak with each other,
yet twill be the same, I know it's true,
for a link like ours you can't sever.

kz 10/08

No comments: