Bassology

2008/10/05

General Conference

It has been a very rewarding 2 days listening to the brethern of the church enlighten us and counsel us. Granted that I missed part of the Saturday morning session as I was zonked. I have always loved the fact that some of the best talks are given at Saturday sessions.

Some items that have remained with me are: Reverence at Sabbath Meetings, Showing Love for All, Virtue is not Weakness, and that we are all Teachers.

Thoughts have run through my head of friends, neighbors, current ward meetings, and my life in general. Isn't that what conference is about? Inspiring us to uplift and aspire to better things not only in ourselves but those around us? After all, none of us can make it to heaven alone.

The item that keeps coming to me is a new title for my book or additional title. It was titled: Learning to Love Myself; a tale of two friends; after this conference, it is now entitled: "Learning to Love Myself; So Simple, It's Hard". The talk at General Women's Conference that I read this morning, by President Uchtdorf has stayed with me the most and all the others have added upon it to make it very meaningful. I am a Daughter of God and no matter what the world brings or holds or throws at me; this knowledge and my divine role as mother, wife, sister, friend, and daughter cannot be taken from me.

No comments: