Bassology

2011/06/07

Long day....


I must be having a sugar crash. Okay, so for those that don't have facebook/don't get on facebook often or just don't read my posts :) I have Candidiasis. I knew I had Thrush about 2 months ago when my tongue was coated white and my tongue started to hurt. I've only had Thrush once before and I feel really sorry for little babies who have it because it really does hurt to "suck" if you have it. I have been countering it on my own with pro-biotics and it seemed to be going away with only a flair up every now and than to remind me. I went to see my reflexologist - maybe 3 weeks ago - and my feet have NEVER hurt so bad in so many places as they did this time. OW! Grrr. (And my feet STILL hurt on the tops...boo) She stopped after a bit and asked if I wanted to be Detoxed first or should she treat the Candidia first? Rofl...I love Sarah - straight to the point and no I did not tell her I had Thrush, you can't smell it and my tongue is no longer white =P. She body tested (yes sorry to my friends who don't believe in herbs - cover your eyes Dr Becca ;) ) me and gave me all this stuff to counter my yeast. The yeast is all over in my gut, having descended from my mouth and starting a party for a normal yeast infection below - can you say WAHOO?!? Me neither. =P My body is SCREAMING for sugar and I really haven't felt the cravings - thank heavens! But today I will admit to about 3 baked s'more's and a 32 oz cherry diet coke. The DCoke doesn't have sugar but I'm sure the cherry flavoring is ONLY sugar. :D oops.

Today was Olivia's big day at the Periodontist. Mouth surgery at 12 noon and she's been freaked out, for good reason, for the past week. Dean gave her a blessing last night to help calm her down and she actually DID sleep - YES! When I got up I gave her the generic Valium and about 45 min later we headed in. I really wonder if it's just something with her bones or if these are just her trials in life but my poor baby. Head surgery at 2 months old (for which she still has an extra hole in her skull from), gum grafting surgery, teeth too large for her little mouth resulting in braces with brackets to pull her jaw even (starting in August :( ), and her wisdom teeth are already making an appearance. Seriously? She's only 10! :( Like I said, my poor baby. However, she doesn't get sick nearly like the boys did and do...I guess everyone's trials are different. She did really well in surgery. It lasted less than 30 minutes, only pulling her out of anesthesia took some time. She'll want to know so I'll put on here: she saw three of me, wanted to know when Dean and I got an extra TV in the bedroom ;), wanted to know where her glasses went - freaked out about it actually, didn't even remember getting a shot but did remember the prize from the prize box they were trying to distract her with. Within 45 min of being home she wanted to on the computer or calling her friends...and than she would pass out again :). She's thrown up twice - getting rid of the last effects I assume but keeping some liquid in her - her biggest complaint? The temporary retainer they put in the top of her mouth to guard her graft pull spot. "It's weird to talk with this on...I can't swallow with this in". I'll remind her of this when she' out of braces and LOVING only having a retainer ;).

1 comment:

Rebecca Jones said...

First, are you taking oral steroids? If so, that's the explanation for the Candidiasis. You don't usually get that unless you're immunosuppressed. Nystatin will get rid of it>>than herbs will. Just sayin'.
Second, I had gum grafts too, and several oral boney surgeries so tell Olivia I feel her pain. Mouth tissue heals really fast, though, so she should feel better in no time.
Third, wisdom teeth already? Sheesh!