Bassology

2011/06/14

Ten Days.....Day 7, 8, 9, & 10

Day Seven....Four moments that changed my life.

These are going to sound cliche' so I'm going to add explanations =P. I have moments of inspiration which are often to personal to share so I'm going to put "events" that changed my life.

1. My Wedding: I didn't date in HS, I sort of dated out of HS. The guys I did date usually got one date and than I'd kinda freak on them...lol don't ask. Never having had a "boyfriend" but tons of guys that were "friends" I was ready to be married and not be on my own anymore. According to those that worked with me, it was a good day when I got married - I got nicer. ;)

2. Birth of my Children: To me every birth is a miracle, there is nothing ordinary about child birth, the risks on the mother and baby, or what happens to your body when you become pregnant - you are never the same again.... physically or emotionally. My children are my life - I would do anything for them and constantly have to stop myself trying to so that they can experience and discover for themselves.

3. Death of my Parents: My parents died 8 yrs apart but I KNEW when they were both going. My husband also knew about my dad, my mom shocked us all and rocked my little family's world. It was shocking to have my dad die but he was in so much pain it was good. My mom had been my best friend since it was just she and I left at home from age 16 on. She and my dad came to dinner every Sunday, Dean and I took over the responsibilities of fixing things, etc when my dad passed and she still came to dinner every Sunday. We talked on the phone every day. When she died I became an orphan. I have 7 brothers/sisters and I have never felt so alone in the world.

4. Buying our home: We bought our first home 13 yrs ago and haven't moved. Before that I personally had moved 6 times from the time I moved away from home - in 3 yrs. Dean and I than moved another 3 times. It's always been my experience after about 3 or 4 yrs that I get fed up with the someone in the ward, become unhappy with neighbors or landlords. When we moved here I expected it but I've never felt it. I have my issues with the ward but that's me, not the people. My neighbors are our anchor to our home....Dean would have sold our house because of all it's problems after only 3 yrs but our neighbors are so wonderful that we just put up with them. (the problems not the neighbors) As a cul-de-sac we get together every July for a Firework/BBQ - kids and their kids keep coming back - now it spreads through 3 yards :)...until we all got snowblowers there used to be a race each snowfall with the men to see who could shovel first....and you've never seen a nosier bunch - I mean, we have the ABSOLUTE BEST crime watch ever! lol...yep, I'm the head of the busy bodies. ;)

Day eight: three favorite foods, movies, and colors.


Three Favorite Foods:
1. New York Style Cheesecake
2. Southwestern Bean Dip (Pampered Chef recipe)
3. Pull apart beef brisket

Three Favorite Movies:
1. White Christmas - I can recite it almost word for word...including songs...a must every Christmas
2. Purgatory - The only thing that would make this western any better is if John Wayne were in it :)
3. Sabrina - the old and the remake. They couldn't have picked a better stand in for Humphrey Bogart than Harrison Ford. He did an amazing job and the remake can stand on it own two feet. :)

The Favorite Colors:
1. Purple
2. Green
3. Blue

Day Nine...Two words to describe my life right now.

Getting Better.


Day Ten...one confession

I'm an illusion. I'm not who people usually think I am. There are times that's a shock - good or bad. But I can only be me and when you get down to finding the real me than hopefully your staying for awhile.

No comments: