I believe it interesting that we never learn. Isn't that one of the things we get after our children for the most? Didn't you learn? or I thought you would of learned by now. Lol - wow do we sound like our heavenly parents or what?!? Do you think that sometimes, just like us here as earthly parents, that God sits and laughs at our ultimate stupidity? Not cruelly but like repeatedly bumping into walls - hello, it's always been there, the wall didn't move. =] I am continually being "taught" lessons that I don't necessarily think are for me to "learn" but rather to gain experience and knowledge. These lessons you cannot avoid as long as you live on this earth, unless you are a hermit. "Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." um, exactly. Especially when you are talking about relationships with any other of God's creations. They have free will, just like you - makes it a world of great expectations and a lot of experience. The good come with the bad, the pain with the joy, and the experience allows us to make the pain a little less painful for others who might have the same occasion to learn.
I grew up with a friend who would get really agitated with me but would never get mad at me. He would defend me to his own friends, even the principal when it was HIS parents that got me sent there. =] I remember only once him getting really mad at me, because I was mad at him and he didn't understand why. I would laugh as mutual friends would tell me all the wonderful cussing names he would be using whenever I was mentioned and how he would go OUT of his way to avoid even passing me in the halls at school - bet he had a lot of tardies >]. No one understood, but I did. For years I was the- go to friend, the backend friend, the "when I don't have a girlfriend", and only when we're not around mutual friends. Psh like they didn't already know - hello 6 yrs is a LONG time. Why did I laugh? Because it meant he cared. I could NEVER get him to admit it - he'd show it but never admit it. At that point, he couldn't deny it - you are only the vehement about something you care about, because you hurt. After about 2 months friends couldn't take it anymore so they pleaded and I explained why I did what I had. No response that day, next day- by darned if someone didn't show up early to class to walk me out and to my locker.
This friend and I, though we have lost touch currently, still keep up on each other's lives. Still dream about the other when big changes happen in their lives. He married 2 months after me, we each have 3 children but his are girls 1 boy, and they are all the same ages. Nope, didn't plan a bit. I add this part just to show that there are those you "relocate" as you live your life. Those that I would like to think you were "bonded" to or "friends" with in the pre-exsistence. (Yep, Starchild is one of my favorites.) I have been blessed to find atleast 6 of these friends in my life so far. One came and went fleetingly, one was this dear friend in Jr/High School, one was a great friend before I met my husband and one is my wonderful husband. The other two I have just met within the last year.
My point being? All of these friends react the same, they never get angry -just hurt or sad - and are always there when needed. They can tell, it's a feeling - it's a connection. The lesson to learn? Try not to be yourself tooo much and push the boundary of that bond beyond it's "earthly" limits - they have free agency too.
1 comment:
So, is the picture of Cherisa in this post because you think she never learns?! Just wondering. :) I feel so bad for her about her situation right now- that she didn't get the job she was expecting and now doesn't know what to do.... :( My poor Boo.
Post a Comment