
Yep, here I am again at 1:45 in the morning- lol, why can't some inspiration come at 10am? LOL, whatever. As I am NOT sleeping, dealing with a stupid medication change that's making me feel like I'm not ON med's - ugh- I'm sitting here trying to reconcile with myself. So I figured, one of these days, I'll take these excerpts and get to really writing my book.=]
Why are we so afraid to be loved? I mean really loved? Are we that unlovable? Are we that imperfect that we feel no other "unperfect" person could accept us with all our flaws? Friendships are not the easiest manouvered relationship but it should be easier than marriage. However, if you are married to your best friend, than you should have it somewhat easier. But should I ask, even when you are married to your best friend or just have a really close friend, when do you stop sharing yourself with them and why? My therapist told me that unless you are honest with yourself and your spouse/friend, you cannot be completely intimate. In this case, the intimacy is that of love - you cannot be fully "accepting" of the unconditional love that someone tries to give you, or for that matter you try to give yourself. We all have things that we would SO like to erase or forget in our lives. However, those things are how we learned, they are what have made us who we are today - that person someone wants to love. Yes, if we accept their love we are open to pain and hurt - but hasn't the Lord said that if you don't know those things, you'll never know happiness or true joy? Now, what do we do to start making it happen?
No comments:
Post a Comment