
I was chatting with a friend earlier today, and while doing so this thought came to me, "Because we are who we are, what do we miss"? or do we in fact miss anything?
Let me explain.. . ... what brought this about was her telling me of a strange "female cycle" she was having and she was concerned. When I asked, could she be pregnant?, the response I got took me back. I'll paraphrase "Even though the thought of carrying "his" child is amazing...". Hmm, people ask how Dean and I met and I always tell them to ask for his version because his is more romantic =]. As a teenager, I read smut books, watched WAY too many soap opera's and I believe had a very distorted idea of what "love" really was. Thankfully, a caring Heavenly Father took notice of that and sent me a remarkable man that "I LOVE" but not in the giddy - worldly way. That kind of love is too easily destroyed, disregarded, and dismantled. That's not the kind I needed in my life, and gratefully, it is not the type I received.
I am one that TOTALLY has to have a "safety zone" lol. During periods of my life, I'm sure that many that I've encountered would be shocked to hear that. However, it is very, very true. I admit that while being a "recovering perfectionist", part of that perfectionist is not going into something I don't know about or how to do. I once wanted 12 kids - HA! Than I had the lovely experience of going on New Years Eve when I was 12 yrs old to be with my mom, while she was with my sister having a baby. 0.0 I can't even get the eyes I want in here -lol- needless to say, I didn't want ANY kids after that. I already hated doctors so I wanted NOTHING to do with an OB/GYN, having babies - nothing! My comment always used to be... I will need to REALLY love the man that gets me to do these things. =] and I do - 3 kids later.
Long story short,(sorry about that), my point is - being that I am the way I am - being forced, sounds harsh but I will use it anyways, out of my comfort zone and into a new territory - did I miss some wonder moments? Being pregnant and having children is just a natural part of marriage to me - did I miss out on the "wow, I'm carrying this amazing man's child"? I think too often we are caught up in the "why's" and "how's" of life that we don't often stop to realize the "FULL" measure of the miracles that we experience each day. When we are told to stop and smell the roses- do we take 2 seconds to bend down and than think - wahoo I did it? or do we notice how beautifully formed, soft and velvety the rose really is.
No comments:
Post a Comment