
I went looking for a book to read at the airport/on the plane on the way to Minneapolis. I really wanted the 2nd Fablehaven but they only had it in hardbound - pfft, so I kept looking. I kept being drawn to this book and I have to tell you - it's WONDERFUL. I will recommend this book to EVERYONE to read, it's funny, inspirational and just a great read. In fact, many of you might find yourselves with it for Christmas =].
Think about it. If you've seen the TV show, you know that Kirk was not the smartest guy on the ship. Mr Spock, his first officer, was the always-logical intellect on board. Dr McCoy had all the medical knowledge available to mankind in the 2260's. Scotty was chief engineer, who had the technical know-how to keep that ship running, even when it was under attack from aliens. So what was Kirk's skill set? Why did he get to climb on board the Enterprise and run it? The answer: There is this skill called "leadership". ......He was the distilled essence of the dynamic manager, a guy who knew how to delegate, had the passion to inspire, and looked GOOD in what he wore to work.
I Love it - you guys really should read this.
No comments:
Post a Comment