Bassology

2008/09/01

I was challenged..... here it is......


Twelve Months of the Year

As the Earth revolves from day to day,

The climate changes and the waves sway,

I see God’s beauty all around me

Distinct and precious, as life should be.

In January, the winter snow;

Brings a frozen chill at zero below

In February, still cold it be;

But the frost makes beauty on all you see.

Come March, the season starts to turn,

Bringing sunshine and hope for all to learn.

Lo April, the beauty does abound,

As rebirth is sung from heaven and ground.

Sweet May with its flowers and green everywhere,

The sweet smell of spring still in the air.

For June tender voices now turn loud,

As schools release the masses in crowd.

July, oh so fancy with grand holidays,

Brings sparkle and rememberance of yesterdays.

August too soon, the summer does disappear,

With thoughts of school and fall, lingering near.

September, last chance, for a holiday,

Last chance to rest and sing and play.

October, tis FALL! My favorite of year

Crisp leaves and colors, winter’s soon here.

November, be grateful for all you possess,

The family, the friends, the loving closeness.

December arrives with Christmas in tow,

See the beautiful lights, feel the spirits soft glow.

As the Earth revolves from night to day,

Many wonderous blessings are thrown my way.

As I reach to count them one by one,

I know in my heart, I can never be done.

Kzenger 9/1/08


One of my friends came up with the idea to write a poem about each month of the year, 1 line for each month. Than she found out I write poetry also- always have since I was 12. Must run in the Terry/Roche genes =]. Anyhow, I accepted her challenge and this is my effort. This is one of those 30 min or less poems so I hope it isn't that bad =].

2 comments:

CharlieJo said...

i think it's great! I should have guessed you wrote poetry too. ;-) Are you planning on posting any other poetry? love ya!

Reba said...

Sweet poem... I love it! I have yet to write one this year.