Bassology

2008/05/22

Articles 5 & 6

Article 5:We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.

I hear friends not of my faith comment on the fact that I "teach" a class in our ward. To them that would make me a minister or priestess. I like the fact that when I accept a "calling" in my ward to teach a class, lead a group of boy scouts, lead the music - whatever, that it is usually an inspirational call and that I am entitled to the blessings thereof, given by those in authority in my ward. I always seem to get more out of my callings than anyone else - isn't it supposed to be that way with Service?

Article 6:We believe in the same organization that exsisted in the primitive church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, etc.

It is a great comfort in my life to know that there is a living prophet on the earth today and that he leads and guides the church. That is a part of my testimony I have never doubted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, You've been posting like crazy. Very inspiring..I'm working with 9-12 year olds to learn their articles of Faith also, So thanks for the incouragement.