Bassology

2010/08/27

What a week!!


As I write this I should really be working but when the thought hits my head I need to act or it will disappear never to be seen or heard from again. At times this is a welcome thing - depends on your outlook.

Let's see...it happened like this.....

School started for all 3 kids in 3 different schools. Elementary is great because unlike the upper level schools, it is still FREE education. Yes, I know I pay in property taxes but the teachers have most of the items and simply ask for donations of paper towels or pencils or no germs. Jr High and High School however, school started and MORE fee's walked in the door with my boys, along with supply lists and the typical disclosures. Two days of that since the Jr & High school are A & B day schedules.

Had a mammogram/breast scare when on Tuesday my Family Dr office called and scheduled me for an appt with a surgeon for the next day. 0_0 They had told me there was no problem and to come back in 6 months just so that they would have a comparison on file. THANKFULLY the surgeon looked at my mammograms (2) and my ultrasound and did a brief examination. He found nothing to be concerned about - told me if I was worried to just keep track and observe and let them know. PHEW....that was NOT a nice scare.

Olivia starting work 0_0 I know! One of the ladies I visit teach, she teaches flute once a week. Olivia is her new "distraction" for her 2 boys so that she can teach in relative peace. =] She's all excited, she gets $5 a week and has already calculated how much she will have after 2 months. *rolls eyes

Yesterday was back to school night at the Elementary, drop off and pick up day at my office in Salt Lake and neighbor visits. Today was complete my calling (VT Supervisor) - with a new Relief Society President we had changes to make and lists to print. She a character - talks to herself like I do - lol we'll get along great.

My down sides this week I can't fix. I want to help but there are situations and times that you know, no matter what you do - you can't help. You can be an ear to chew, a shoulder to lean on, and even a giant hankey - but that's about it. Everywhere around me life is hurting people I love. I know, that's life, these are our trials it will make us stronger or more humble - it just pains me to see it. Part of being a recovering perfectionist is that you NEED to help, you feel useless if you don't do SOMETHING. At times though, people don't want or can't accept it.

My friend and I settled our differences this week - THANK YOU! We finally had a chance to just sit and chat, to realize and accept the other's side and decide that our friendship is more important that who's right. He lives in a very different world from mine. Not just differences in culture from another country (Canada ain't that different =P)but differences in how family relates to your life, how and whether religion relates, you get my meaning. I value this friend unmeasurably. Our differences make us see the other's problems with an open mind. We can oft times see things that the other can't - you know, stuff that good friends do for each other. =] On the other side, for one of the times I ACTUALLY go to sleep >.<
my sister needed me. =[

Therefore......................it's been a WEEK! Ha ha, not a week from hell, not necessarily a painful week, just a week full of LIFE at its fullest. I'd appreciate a little less from now on ;). ♥

No comments: