Bassology

2010/08/29

Whoosh Saturday flew away.........................

As much as I would love this picture to mean I am finished with my family room....alas, it has only begun. My family room, downstairs in my "UN"completely finished basement is my horror. I HATE THAT ROOM with a passion...was that obvious? My comfy couch is in there and our nice tv and it disgusts me. To begin with, the carpet is ORANGE...yes, you heard me right - ORANGE. We have lived here for 12 yrs and I have no idea how long the people before us lived here (5 yrs I think?) but they traded someone something for it and didn't care because it was their "upgrade" that they needed for their loan. >.> They had TWO indoor dogs...need I explain more? The carpet is just beyond disgusting. The walls - ok the drywall is falling off - lol - helps that my children have placed big HOLES in it. The wood framing the windows will give you splinters >.> yes, I have experience in that. HEY, the WINDOWS are NEW - well they are 12 yrs old I put them in the first month I lived here. All new doors and windows rolled over into our first mortgage. You could see sunlight through the front WOOD door (that was hollow) - someone knocked on the little glass window and it promptly fell onto the carpet. >.> mercy me - ugh. The windows were the old aluminum things that could be "popped" out in less than 2 min giving anyone that bothered access - NO THANK YOU~! So they all got replaced "WITHIN" the month - I have no clue how the other lady lived here and had her husband at a new job in another state. Not me that's for sure. Back to the ugly room. The family room houses the furnace, water heater and air conditioner. Whoever decided to finish the basement (? *rolls eyes) decided that the encasement for these LARGE utilities should not be square - it should be at an angle so that absolutely nothing could work there. >.> oh and its not really framed it seriously looks like an outhouse. Needless to say, since the crawl space is located at the end of this room- that is where the majority of the spiders we see - AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I DO NOT DO SPIDERS! I think I've made that clear.

Anthony is helping me - a little begrudgingly since he helped me create the "first" set of shelves that we are now taking down. Looking above - you'll see the white shelves holding only half of my vhs's. I would love the room down there to have a "cabin"ey feel it. We had 2 boxes of flooring left from the living room upstairs so we have gotten the "liquid nails" and some "screws" and we are doing "opposite" paneling. =D Yes, you heard me. I will post a pic when the wall is done before we put the new shelves up. My treadmill, my comfy couch, my big tv :( I miss them so I am using the excuse of relatives coming to quickly get it done. Gee, fixing up that room has only been on the to-do list for umm.....12 years?!? =P Yes, money has a lot to do with it still being that way - that and the fact that I simply avoid the place like the plague. My bathroom, that was also - redone when my kitchen was - erm...3 yrs ago? Is still unpainted. Yep - it is MUCH smaller to tackle and I'm thinking that it's a REALLY good thing its a 3 day weekend next weekend cuz that Monday I am gonna CRASH HARD. Hopefully I can last that long and not crash mid-week >.< that would ruin my plans....rude.

My house is small. It's a little less than 1400 sq feet - yep that includes the basement. I have no garage and only a crawl space. HA HA HA HAHA - you think I'm going after anything in that crawl space? NOT ON YOUR LIFE! Dean took my china box out of there and than he had to go through the whole thing so that no creepy crawlies surprised me - alive or dead - I don't care - ugh *shivers. We would like to build a garage in the backyard - our neighbor did (yep its a 30+ yr old neighborhood - NONE of us have garages) for about $5000 and some friends. I'm sure that's what ours is going to have to be and it isn't going to be anytime really soon. We have a friend going to help us dig up the weeds that aspire to be grass on the side of the driveway and than we will cement it all the way over. I'm sure my neighbor on that side would LOVE cement rather than weeds that keep spreading into his actual grass. However, even though labor is free and cement is discounted - it's still pricey and that won't be before the year is over either. So, what do I do with a small house - BIG children and no storage? I start compacting :D. My shelves that used to be where the wood is now - used to be full of DVD's. I now have less than 20 bluerays and 5 season's of Stargate plus Trek movies to put back up there. My movies all now live in a large, comfy binder - heavy binder. They are alphabetized and slightly catergorized. Yes, that was a project in and of itself that the picture above doesn't show. =]

Okay, its freakin' 2:30 in the morning again. I figured this would happen since I over used energy today. Dean and the kids don't feel very good - I hope we aren't spreading it around the family - I have things to do before next Saturday! =] I guess I'll spend tomorrow here on the computer typing my movies list and seeing which ones I haven't put the Disney protection on or registered in the rewards website. That looks like another "sightless' all day job. Lol - oh well, it will give me time to make more sweet rolls. YUM! Night.
/

No comments: