Bassology

2008/11/01

Alright, Alright.... I will expand....


Lol... Well, I DID get some of you thinking obviously =]. A little disappointed you didn't feel like sharing who you were but that's okay - atleast you were thinking. So I'm expanding, so that my previous post makes a little more sense.

Arrogance: Over convinced of ones self worth or Haughty.
Haughty: Arrogant or inordinately proud.
Proud: Feeling pleasurable satisfaction over an attribute or how one's sense of self worth is measured. Self Respect. Latin: Brave or virtuous.

In our culture today, I believe that people tend only to think of the "negative" when they see or hear any of these words: Pride, Assumption, Haughty, Arrogant. I don't see that these words are ALWAYS negative; they have good in them also. Are we not told, moderation in ALL things? Yes, being OVER assumptive on something, being OVERLY prideful or arrogant can be negative and cause problems but I believe that we all NEED to be Proud; of ourselves, our friends, our family; Arrogant sometimes, when a point needs to get across- just don't overstep it; and Assumptive, else there would be nothing to believe in, proud of, or arrogant about.

Having said all this above; let me restate my previous sentence from the last post.
"When I "assume" something, I am "arrogantly" taking upon myself what "I think" to be true, whether it is or not." Now, depending on your situation, that can be good or that can be bad. So let's redirect this sentence: "When I "take upon myself" something, I am "convinced" that what I think is true, whether it is or not." Hmm, thinking again?!?

This is the definition I was looking for in my previous post. My "assumptions or beliefs" that I listed are things that, especially in the world around us today, I'm sure more than one person has thought about, weighed, wondered, and "hoped" to be true. However, until they are justified by another person, they are left to be assumed and hoped for. Many of us have been let down by others, but did "they" really let us down or were our "assumptions" of the situation wrong? That is my underlying meaning, that is what I want us to think about. In a world so full of "me,me,me" I think it would be nice to think "me" as far as responsibility and love others, not put off the blame.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I accept you, you, you, for who you are and not who I think you should be. I'm glad someone else can think outside their personal bubble. It's too bad we have to narrow our views and not learn to expand and cultivate them. Huggles