=] Hey, notice the time? It's not 2am, ok it is 12:30 but that's better! Went to the doctor today because of my insomnia, not going to bed until 5am kinda drew the limit. While he was there he listened to my lovely little "wheezy" sound when I exert, laugh, or try to sleep. Therefore, I came home with an antibiotic cuz my "cold" is no longer a cold it is now an infection sinus & lung =P, a new anti-depressant sleeping pill, and got my inhaler refilled (so I don't have to listen to the "wheeze"). SO, forgot and took a WHOLE pill (was supposed to start with 1/2 - oops, what can I say, I'm TIRED!)at 9:00 tonight and here I am - AWAKE! Hmm, I'm supposed to play around with it, times and dosage and go back in 3 weeks; hopefully sleeping. *Cross your fingers =]*
All of you know I'm "weird" or "strange", I wear that badge with honor thank you! LOL. Haven't we been told we are to be a "unique" people? He he he (yes I get more strange the more tired =P deal with it) Anyways, I listen to Christmas music - WHENEVER I want to. I have a playlist on my computer. Three radio stations in Utah started last year playing Christmas songs on Nov 1st. WAHOO! (for me that is) Yes, it seems that Christmas comes earlier and earlier each year. Yes for those of you who have to put up all the christmas and sell the christmas - you are SICK of it already. BUT when you get home, have a chance to unwind, relax, isn't it wonderful to just sit and listen to the beautiful songs with the powerful words that bring back great childhood memories? Or even memories you've created with your own children?
Growing up I remember that my dad wouldn't let us TOUCH a Christmas record (yes, I said RECORD)until the day AFTER Thanksgiving. I've kept my mom's tradition that as the "mom" I don't have to cook on Christmas day =], my day off too. So we have a BIG Christmas Eve dinner and than eat leftovers, presents, and stocking stuff all day - it's great! No dishes either! There was one tradition my mom kept up after we'd all grown up and moved away. I would always, up until she died, find a present or two from Santa for me and one for Dean, under my tree. She would mix it in with other presents she was delivering but it would find it's way there. Santa never forgot me, what a wonderful spirit of Christmas, I want to do that with my children after they leave. We've kept up with my father's tradition of dropping of an anonymous sub-for-santa box of goodies to a less-fortunate family in our neighborhood, opening 1 gift on Christmas eve and have added sharing the Christmas story from the Bible and Book of Mormon, having children play us wonderful songs on the piano, and leaving our Christmas lights on the house on all day Christmas Eve, night, and Christmas day - to symbolize the day, night, and day without night that marked the Saviors birth to those here in America.
Traditions are wonderful expressions of love passed on from generation to generation. But what I truely love about this time of year is the peace it brings to me. The happiness, the love, the kindness, and joy it brings when I am "serving" others, listening to music, baking with my kids or delivering goodies with my hubby. It's a wonderful feeling that helps calm a troubled, self incriminating soul and brings peace to the world around "me". May we all feel this peace not only now, but throughout the whole year.
1 comment:
I love Christmas. :) Especially the family traditions. I may have to steal a few of yours and add them to mine. :P Can't wait till Christmas! Only a month and a half away. XD
Post a Comment