Bassology

2008/11/18

What an idiot.....

so maybe I shouldn't be putting this one on my blog but writing it out somewhere but I did that a couple of days ago and it made my hand hurt =p. Therefore, skip this post - it's just gonna be ramblings and me trying to make sense of my current world.

I have a wonderful husband and kids whom I love very much. I have great friends and neighbors who I also love. The problem? I guess I just don't know how to deal with teenagers anymore. I used to be quite good at it and now it seems I cause more problems by being in their life than helping. I help too much? I love too much? Kinda makes it hard to enjoy one of my blessings (to know the needs of others) when its rejected or becomes cumbersom because I get too involved. My children say that all the time, guess I should be listening to them more often.

So back to my debate with myself before I lose anymore friends. And I've said it before, where do I find the line, to keep my emotions in check and choose not to let other people's decisions affect me? It's a lesson I've been trying to learn all my life.... anybody got an answer?

1 comment:

Molly said...

The line is different for every person. Some people will take your advice. Others will get angry. There is no definite too far line. It depends on the person and also on the mood the person happens to be in. Also, sometimes the way you word your thoughts could upset people. I suppose all you can really do is hope that eventually the person you have upset sees that you were just trying to help and meant no harm whatsoever. I guess I don't know what else to say.