Bassology

2008/11/12

Are we REQUIRED to get OLD?


I can understand having to be mature when your a parent, I mean your the parent, someone has to be. But why do we have to get old mentally? When did it become prerequiste that we forget what it was like to be teenagers, what its like to play as a child, what it's like to be newlyweds?

My kids friends talk to me and I have young friends online. . . why does it have to be that there is such an age gap? Shouldn't we all just get along and accept each other who we are no matter the age or circumstance? I hate it when I'm put back in my place as the "old" friend, the mom, or the conscience - why can't I just be a friend? Lol prolly because I act to much like the list above, shame on me.

Where do we draw the lines in life? Why is everything black and white? Why does it have to be young or old? Why prideful or humble? Enemy or Friend to my kids? Friends or nothing to supposed friends? I do love you or I lied? Accepting yourself or not? and why can't I find the happy medium inbetween? Not everything has to be black and white, many things if placed in that category lead you to self destruction or pity. How do we keep that day when all seems right in life with everything and everyone? Hmm, I hope one day we all can find the answers, I think world would be a much better place.

No comments: